"Time to acknowledge good and effective service"

About: St Helier Hospital

On the 24th April last, I visited the Minor injuries Department with a wrist injury which occurred the previous evening when I had a trip and fall whilst playing tennis. I was surprised by the new and clean layout and furniture at the Reception area. It must have been updated recently. My first impression was followed by even better service. Within 10 minutes a nurse took details of the injury and how it happened. A little later another nurse examined my wrist and considered that I may have suffered a break. I was then ushered to the x-ray unit where my wrist was x-rayed from four different angles. The x-ray results were analysed by the nurse, who also consulted a doctor. This resulted in the conclusion that I suffered a break of two carpals in my hand. I was then directed to plastering room where my hand and wrist were set in the modern glass fibre plaster. An appointment was made two weeks ahead for the removal of the plaster. All of the above was completed in less than two hours which I consider exceptional. At all time the staff was polite and helpful. The treatment I received did what it set out to do and yesterday I played my first tennis game with no detrimental effect. Thank you all at the Minor Injuries Department. Best Regards Endre L Vermes Ps. I wish that other people took the trouble to acknowledge good service. Bad news gets much publicity, good news is swept under the carpet.

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you so much for your kind feedback - we are delighted to hear that you're back out on the tennis courts! Our A&E and urgent care centre at St Helier underwent a £5.5 million improvement last year, and we are so pleased with the results!