"This team had a very positive approach"

About: Nottingham West / Community stroke team

I was pretty jaded by the hospital where I was treated after a stroke in October 2013, but the Community Stroke team in Stapleford were much more patient focussed and actually listened.

I found the assistance given practical and supportive. This is all new territory to me as I rarely get sick, let alone seriously.

Compared to my experience of the NHS generally where the attitude seems patronising and treats every patient like a half wit, this team had a very positive approach to helping me make the lifestyle changes necessary to reduce future stroke risks (stress management, lifestyle issues eg).

Response from Chris Greensmith, Team Leader, Community Stroke Team, County Health Partnerships

Dear Hyacinth thank you for taking the time to post your story on Patient Opinion.

I am pleased that you feel the team have made a difference and you feel that you have been listened to. I will feedback to the team about how you feel we have been positive in our approach.and that we have made a positive contribution to your recovery.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contribute to patient opinion. As a team we do value feedback.

• Hyacinth thinks this response is helpful