"I was treated with great care, sympathy and respect"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Cardiology Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Cardiothoracic surgery

I was rushed to Blackpool hospital, from Kendal hospital after suffering a heart attack. I was given an angiogram & told I would need to have bypass surgery. I was admitted to CCU unit for about 3 days & then transferred into ward 38 for about 6 days before my op in late April. I was then in ICU for approx 12hrs before going back onto ward 38 for approx 4 days before being discharged in early May. I was treated with great care, sympathy, respect & received lots of encouragement from all the staff. I was feeling very anxious before my operation but all the staff did their best to make me feel better. The food was also very good.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your care and treatment whilst an inpatient in the Lancashire Cardiac Centre, Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

I am pleased to hear that you were treated with such care, sympathy and respect. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the team in the Cardiac Centre to share with the staff.

With best wishes for the future,

Paul Jebb