"Less than impressive appointment"

About: The Walton Centre / Neurology

I had had some physical issues over the previous year and some odd sensations the GP felt should be seen by a neurologist. My appointment came through incredibly quickly so that was impressive.

The appointment itself however was less than impressive. The doctor brought me in 10 minutes before my appointment time, so I assumed this would have given enough time to have a conversation and for me to feel listened to- instead I was in and out in the blink of an eye. The Neurologist seemed to have decided what was wrong with me before taking a history, so much so I suspect he did some of my reflex tests in a way to guarantee a negative result. Even the MRI he booked was over in 7 minutes... is my brain really that tiny?

He simply didn't listen and I have to go back this week and I am terrified I am going to get fobbed off and rushed out the door. I haven't got anyone I could take with me for support being half term. I would like a second opinion but am not sure how to go about arranging this?

Response from The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your appointment with a neurologist. I am sorry that your experience was not as you would have expected. We are keen to develop our services and this information is helpful for us to continue to improve our patient experience. If you would like to provide us with any further information or feedback you can contact us directly at the Patient Experience Team on 0151 529 5517 to discuss your concerns further.

Response from The Walton Centre

We are sorry your appointment was not as you expected. Please contact the Patient Experience Team to discuss your concern in more detail. You can call 0151 556 3090 or email: patientexperienceteam@thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk.