"A & E"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

On holiday & being in my 70's having had bad fall on a tiled floor & landing on my hip I went to A & E, I thought I hadn't broken it as with help from husband I could stand & walk but wanted it checked as I was in a lot of pain. After waiting 2 hours I had to leave as my Autistic daughter was getting very agitated.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Kind Regards

Response from Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Thank you for posting this feedback. I am sorry to hear that you left our Emergency Department before receiving treatment. Our staff should have given you an indication of how long you would have to wait before being seen, if this was not communicated to you on arrival then I do apologise. I will be passing on your comments onto the department; I know they will be very disappointed to read about experience but will use your comment to improve communication with patients so they know what is happening. Kind Regards Paul Jebb Assistant Director of Nursng - Patient Experience