"Eczematous Otitis Problem"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

For several years i have had problems with both my ears. For a year or more i was being treated by my local GP and had various types of creams, drops, and sprays. None of these treatments made any difference to my problem. After2/3 visits to RPH where i was eventually referred to the ENT clinic. My first visit was in March this year when i was seen by a doctor. By this time i had developed a severe ear infection. The doctor cleared the infection by suction and then sprayed antibiotics straight into the canal. The doctor then gave me a cream called Betamethasone Valerate. Within a few days the ear infection and external (scabbing) had cleared up. For the first time in years my ear problems had gone. I went again to the ENT clinic and again saw the doctor who was pleased at the results of the treatment. I would like to place on record the way my problem was resolved by this doctor after having lived with my ear problems for so long.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're pleased to hear that the problems you have clearly experienced for some time with your ears have been resolved.