"the efficiency of the staff and how polite and wonderful they were"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / X-ray and Scans

I have recently had to attend the hospital myself as I had found a lump on my breast. Everyone that saw me from the consultant to all the staff that took me to get my gown on, the mammogram, the ultrasound and the doctor and staff that removed the cyst were kind, caring and wonderful.

I have previous experience of kind, caring and efficient staff at Medway Maritime Hospital when I took my elderly mum recently to rheumatology. Again the consultant, the x ray staff, the staff that gave her a splint and blood tests- everyone was great and very patient with her as she does have Alzheimers.

We were in and out of hospital that day from start to finish in about an hour! ! No waiting about at all.

My son broke his arm years ago - again wonderful staff reassured my young son who was upset, in pain and very distraught.

And more to the point this hospital and the staff saved my husband's life 25 years ago. I have a great deal to thank them for.

Response from Suzanne Brooker, Head of Patient Experience, Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your recent feedback and endorsements of the services provided to you and your family over the years. It is always a great motivator for staff to be told how they have helped make a difference. Providing an excellent patient experience is at the forefront of all that we aim to do on a daily basis so the knowledge and skills of our workforce needs to be the best that it can be.

Suzanne Brooker

Head of Patient Experience

01634 830000 ex 5175

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for you taking the time to provide feedback and for your kind words.