"Being on hold at appointments"

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow)

had to call the above today, phone to appointments was constantly engaged and when I did get through I was on hold for 20 mins (approx. )

It is not the staff's fault but they obviously require more staff

Its no surprise patients do not attend for appointments rather than cancelling them

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear joeglas

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. In the first instance, I would be grateful if you could contact me with the name and telephone number of the clinic you are attempting to contact and we will investigate for you. Please contact me by email at paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dear joeglas

We apologise for your long wait. The phone lines for appointments are extremely busy and there is a call management system in place which updates patients as to where they are in the queue.

There is also the facility (as detailed in the appointment letter) to e-mail if that is easier. We continue to review the calls to try to address the particularly busy times.

Kind Regards

• joeglas doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful