"Maternity failure"

About: Homerton University Hospital

I arrived at the A&E bleeding and leaking fluid while pregnant, the receptionists were busy having a social gathering behind the desk. I explained my problem and unconcerned the receptionist told me that I had to go to the labour ward, I was not offered a porter. Bleeding, leaking and in panic that I was losing my baby I walked through the main entrance, security were not around to let me trough the double doors. I had to walk all the way back to A&E reception and was told that I had to walk all the way round (a longer distance) again no porter called. Once in the labour ward, had to wait 1 hour to see a doctor and the nurses did not show compassion. All this happened in the early hours of a Sunday morning. I lost my baby the next day. I would not recommend this hospital.

Response from Homerton University Hospital

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Homerton Hospital. To understand more about what happened on this occasion and so that we can give you a full explanation I hope you will contact PALS 020 8510 7315 or PALS.Service@homerton.nhs.uk so that we can investigate further.