"Giving birth to my daugther"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

From the moment I stepped into ward 24 at Wishaw general hospital the midwifes who supported me through labour were fantastic never leaving my side and so encouraging especially when things didn't go as I had planned.

There are many negative stories out there but the midwifes did a fantastic job. After giving birth there was a shift change and the midwife who were looking after us that night didn't seem to show as much interest or care, however the midwife who delivered my baby the night before was back on shift the very next morning and came into see how we both were and was great. It really made my experience of giving birth so much easier with the great support from the midwife.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Harley1235,

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, the staff in ward 24 will be delighted to know that you felt supported throughout your labour. I will pass on your comments to them.

Kind Regards,

Gillian Corbett

• Harley1235 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Harley1235 (the patient)

Hi, I am sure the midwifes name was Donna and there was another midwife who popped in and out as well. They were both brilliant and made me feel so relaxed.