"Blood tests"

About: Royal Free Hospital

Today I was sent to the Royal Free by my GP to have blood samples taken. I have a phobia of having my blood taken and dreaded hanging around in a hospital without a prior appointment. I was amazed by the turnaround of patients and was seen really quickly. Whilst I waited I observed a woman making a complaint and felt that the staff manning the reception were very calm, empathetic and understanding towards her. I think this is what compelled me to write something positive because people are quick to complain without always recognising a good service. I was seen very quickly and behaved rather hysterically due to my fear of blood being taken from me. The phlebotomist/nurse who was taking blood from me was incredibly patient, kind, tolerant and really helped the situation to be less traumatic. I am really impressed with the Royal Free thank you.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am pleased to hear you are happy with the services at the Royal Free. I will make sure your feedback is passed onto staff.