"Shame about pharmacy"

About: William Harvey Hospital

With the exception of the Pharmacy everything about a recent and urgent life-threatening admission was superb. The nurses excellent. The care received marvellous. The doctors at the top of their game. Everything from the initial ambulance dash right up until just before discharge was faultless. Being sent home without the correct drugs because the pharmacy system seems antiquated let the experience down. Such a shame because the hard work and dedication of everyone was very much appreciated. Fix the pharmacy issues and you have a spectacular hospital. Thank you thank you for all you did.

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience, and I am sorry that you had a poor experience of our pharmacy department. Please do email me your details and I will follow this through with staff for learning. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net. I hope you are recovering well from your need for urgent care.