"Poor communication & rude staff"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Every member of staff we met were rude, unhelpful and had poor communication skills. We were told to take a seat and a member of staff would come & answer our query. An hour later I enquired and received a brisk reply. A little while later a rude HCA informed me we would have to wait, when my query was, could we wait to be seen. Nobody listened, nobody looked like they cared, and their bedside manner was non-existent. The staff need to learn some manners, be kind and smile. Patients are in pain and are worried, and should not be treated in such a dismissive manner.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you experienced. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402093 or 402071. Kind regards Tracy