"elderly care was ok"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

My mother went in for a scheduled operation. The operation was beautiful handled with caring compassionate operating staff and nothing too much trouble. The ward after the operation unfortunately was not as good. Some of the staff were lovely, caring, kind under obviously stressed circumstances, others unfortunately were not so nice my mother reporting that at night it was difficult getting her catheter bag emptied to the point that it began to give her pain. Luckily these staff were in the minority and she mostly had a good stay. I would also like to add that one of the ladies on the main reception was wonderful going out of her way to help when I was trying to find out information, I wish I'd got her name as she certainly made things a lot easier.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

I am very sorry to hear that your recent experience of the hospital and its staff was mixed. We will pass your feedback onto our staff. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service are available if you would like to discuss your concerns regarding your mother's care at night. You can either email them on kch-tr.PALSkent@nhs.net or phone 01689 863 252.