"Urgent visit to A&e"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

My visit today was horrific. I was brought in by ambulance ( really supportive team) who took me to A&E, triage decided my case was not urgent enough and referred me to Urgent Care, who felt, after discussion with the medics that I needed to be referred back to A&E. I was taken there and left, after a few hours of being totally ignored I approached 2 different nurses who could not provide any advice on what was happening. After 5 hours, I left the hospital with high blood pressure, severe pain to my head,neck and shoulders to go home and sleep,overdose with Co codomol and await the opening of my Drs surgery. Thanks NHS and Princess a Royal. Poor service the hospital staff do not care and totally do not keep you informed of what is happening. I had been shunted around by incompetent staff. Back to Mayday I go.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you experienced on our Emergency Department. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) if you would like to talk further about your concerns. You can either email them on kch-tr.PALSkent@nhs.net or phone 01689 863 252.