"ED get your act together"
About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) Exeter EX2 5DW http://www.rdehospital.nhs.uk/
Posted by Anonymous
Whilst I spent a very long wait in ED I noticed a few things that could be improved which has been highlighted but not done.
1. No time given on when going to be seen, if the trust can not provide a infomation screen the a whiteboard on display to the waiting room saying how long the wait is.
2. NICE Guildlines Children should not come in contact with adults. I was in the waiting room with a dunk homeless pt swearing and then another homeless guy came in and tried to pick a fight with the other guy on the other side of me I had a young child watching what was going on.
3. I could not believe that family and friends had to bang on the door to be let into majors. Why cant reception buzz them through, or just get a cheap wireless doorbell.
4. Offer pain relief! None was offered when being assesed, I had taken pain relief meds which hadn't worked.
5. Better planing of you nursing cover for MIU pt's overnight.
6. get a clock so people can see the time in the waiting room.