"Rowing in front of patients"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I attended the retinal therapy clinic on a Friday afternoon. There was a very long wait, which is not something I consider a strike against the hospital. However, the Medical Imaging team had some kind of row with some of the doctors at the clinic - they wanted to finish up and kept being asked to do more - which I understand, but feel should have happened out of earshot and out of sight of patients. I was left feeling rather as if I were in the way, as if my medical needs were inconvenient and the cause of strife among the staff. Was also not impressed with how rushed everyone was and how generally uninterested in my problems and issues. Doctors not concerned with explaining their actions or making sure that I understood their findings. I shall make an appointment with a nearby specialist instead to discuss this further. Overall, a bit of a let-down.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I'm sorry to hear about this. Staff arguing in front of patients is certainly not something we would expect to happen. I have passed your concerns on to the teams involved so that they can speak to colleagues about appropriate behaviour in front of patients.