"End of life care"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

My grandmother attended A+E and D2 recently for a serious condition where she required end of life care. My family and I were so impressed with the caring and compassionate nature of the staff that we dealt with. They introduced themselves and their priority at all times was to make sure she was comfortable. They offered us privacy at a difficult time and nothing was too much trouble. The side wards on D2 were spotless, and the staff struck the correct balance between giving us our privacy but also appearing frequently enough to show they cared and that we weren't forgotten about. I am actually a member of staff at this hospital but in a non-clinical area and I can see the improvement in the nursing care in the last few years from when my mother was in a similar position a four years ago. Thanks very much for all you do.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Times like this are so important for the patient and the family. We have done a great deal of work about situations like this and it is good to know our staff got it right in the case of your grandmother and your family. Thank you for taking the time to post this reassuring message, it is appreciated.