About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I recently received an outpatient appointment letter telling me to attend an Ophthalmology Outpatient Clinic at the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0LZ, at 09:30 a.m. on a certain day in May, 2014. When I telephoned "Outpatient Appointments" (on 01227 868686) to ask about this, the Appointments Clerk informed me that the appointment was, in fact, for the Ophthalmology Outpatient Clinic at the Q.E.Q.M. Hospital, Margate, Kent but for the same day and time as the Ashford location. This means that I could have unknowingly travelled to the wrong hospital, albeit on the right day and at the right time!

Thank you for providing feedback about our outpatient booking service. We are aware that we need to improve the communication around outpatient appointments to avoid the type of experience you had. We process around 1.2 million appointments each year and generally get things right. But as you say any errors can have a profound impact on individual people. We will try our best to improve.