"A & E"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I had to take my friend to the A&E department at southampton. Firstly the receptionist was a bit blunt and rude but i suppose could pass that as being professional and effient. Wait was a little long but we was fine keeping each other company and having a laugh with the other patients. (part from the drunk ones) When we were seen the doctor, was very rude and blunt was not interested at all personally seen happier people at a funeral. I give this review 4 stars because of the health care assistant who put my friends back slab on her arm. He was fantastic chatty enthusiastic about his job a real pleasure to be around. Such a pleasure to meet someone as nice as him and helpful. Employ more people like him and you will never have a bad review again.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for posting your feedback about your visit to A&E with your friend. We should like to apologise for the negative experience in relation to the manner and attitude of the receptionist and doctor and so sorry that you found staff rude and blunt. Thank you for your positive feedback about the health care assistant who was such a pleasure to meet. Your feedback will be shared with the A&E team in order to learn from the experience of your attendance. We trust that your friend is recovering well.