"Excellent compassionate care"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

My brother was recently treated on Ardingly Ward having been admitted via A&E. Very sadly, he died there. The care he received from all the staff was exemplary throughout. They were all extremely skilled, caring and kind, and I don't think he could have received better care anywhere. The doctors explained everything and were particularly careful to include the family in all decision-making. The nursing staff went to tremendous lengths to make sure he was comfortable throughout, and nothing was too much trouble. I was there with him for very many hours over several days, and saw how hard the staff work. Their kindness and care for me too was heartwarming. The hospital is also extremely clean and the cleaners work non-stop to keep it that way. My only complaint is the cost of car parking - plus, when they charge so much the machines should take debit cards.

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team