"The care I had was wonderful"

About: South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance William Harvey Hospital / Accident and emergency

After being brought into WHH last Wed with back pain (totally unable to move) having been administered Entenox & Morphine in the cab, I was greeted warmly by the A&E staff.

I was given more Entenox & assessed by the very kind & caring A&E doctor (female). She gave me an exam, pain relief & advice.

I was then sent to Ambulatory ward to sleep off all the drugs I had been given. Some very kind nurse gave me a large drink of lemon, tucked me into bed & made sure I was comfortable. Before being discharged home, the A&E doctor came back to give me pain relief to go home with. The care I had was wonderful. I was attended to whenever I asked for something & nothing seemed too much trouble. I wish to thank everyone that took care of me that day.

Thank you so much for taking time to feedback to us about the care you received. We are very proud of our staff who really try to make a difference for patients, especially in stressful situations. They will really appreciate receiving your kind words. I hope your back has settled down.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear jbake68

Thank you very much for taking the time to write in praise of the care you received when you were taken to hospital with back pain recently. Our crews know only too well what a difference good pain relief can make to patients, and I know they will very much appreciate your positive comments about the care they provided.

Thank you again and I do hope you are now on the mend.

With thanks and kind regards, Louise Hutchinson