"Taken in, looked after and now clean for 1 year"

About: Guernsey House

Well where do I start? I think it was in my childhood, I’ve been in children’s homes all my life, passed from pillar to post, not knowing where I come from or where I belonged.

Anyway, being in kids homes you want to find in, so you start taking drugs. It moved from cannabis, acid, pills, etc… then I moved out of care, ran away, ended up with a criminal record mixing with the wrong type of partners who raped and put me through domestic violence.

This went on for a long time. I’m now 39-years-old, 3 years ago I met the love of my life, we moved to Sheffield and I was referred to Guernsey House, where we have been taken in, looked after and now we have been clean for 1 year.

You can do it.

Response from Ayesha Heaton, Service Manager, Guernsey House

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your story on Patient Opinion and for encouraging others in their recovery journeys

Its fantastic to hear you had a good experience with us here at PCASS (Guernsey House) and we all wish you well for the future.

Response from Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Service User

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments regarding Guernsey House.

Staff always welcome positive feedback such as yours. Thank you again

Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator