"Experience of A & E treatment"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was referred to A & E by Oxted Health Centre late on Friday 2nd May with Atrial Fibrillations. Assessment was prompt, friendly and professional and I spent the night in Acute Medical Unit with constant attention and monitoring. Next day (Saturday) I was seen by the Duty Cardiologist who prescribed a course of treatment, arranged the medications and discharged me later that day with a comprehensive and helpful Discharge Summary. Throughout my time at East Surrey I was impressed by the professional attention which I received and by the cheerful care provided by all the nursing staff, day and night. Thank you!

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Thank you for taking your time to comment about your experience. I am glad to read that throughout your stay you received professional, friendly and cheerful care. I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the teams involved in your care. Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Mr Coote

Thank you very much for letting us know that your brief admission went well. I am glad that we could assist and hope that you are feeling well.

I will pass you comments on to the teams and they will be very pleased to hear your kind words. It really does make a difference to them to get feedback and we are grateful to you.

Kindest regards