"Stand out care whilst giving birth at Ayrshire Maternity Unit"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Maternity care

I didn't have a great experience at this unit in 2011 giving birth to my son. However, I have nothing but the highest praise for everyone I came into contact with during my pregnancy & labour with my daughter in 2013.

People who stand out for me are Attica, Donna, Alison & Marie (a Hypnobirthing midwife), Heather looked after us exceptionally well on the postnatal ward. Lauren also received care in SCBU & the dedication of the nurses there is wonderful.

The provision of Hypnobirthing for mums who have had a previous poor experience or who are afraid pre-birth is a wonderful, wonderful idea & the director of the hospital should be proud of his/her proactive & forward-thinking manner. This should be protected & fought for tooth & nail. I was lucky enough to be referred to this course & found it absolutely invaluable. I was seriously considering an elective caesarean section after an Emergency one with my previous birth. The enthusiasm & dedication of your award-winning midwives enabled me to achieve a VBAC.

Praise where praise is due! A huge improvement on my experience the first time around. Post-natal care could still bear a little more improvement but was unrecognisable from the "care" I received in Jan 2011.

The Infant-feeding team also warrant a mention for their help & reassurance.

Dear MissS,

Thank you so much for letting us know what a great experience you have had this will also go some way to help other nervous or anxious mums to be.

It is also wonderful to know that while people may not always have the best experience, we have developed and improved the service with a very successful outcome. We can only do that when people share their experiences whether good or not so good.

I will take great pleasure in passing this to the managers and the teams involved in your care. As you say, praise where praise is due.

• MissS thinks this response is helpful