"Cancer treatment and palliative care"

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

Since my Dad was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago, he visited the hospital on a number of occasions. Unfortunately he passed away 4 weeks ago but he had nothing but praise for all of the staff at North Tees that were involved in his care, from his oncologist, chemotherapy staff and more recently the Macmillan nurse team and all of the staff on Ward 36 Short Stay. The nursing staff were excellent and treat my dad and our family with respect and dignity. We could not have asked for any more from them and even right at the end they did as much as they could for us all. Not only the nursing staff but my Dad was very appreciative of the domestics and hostesses who always had a little chat with him during his last stay in hospital - something so little can mean so much to someone at that stage of life. People are always quick to criticise the NHS and this hospital but we think they do a marvellous job!

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment at what must be a very difficult time for you and your family. We will pass your comments on to the staff concerned.