"Need more help with my fight with alcohol and depression"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital / Accident and emergency Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust / Addiction services

I split with my wife last year, for about three months before I had been drinking half to a bottle of vodka a day. This increased to at least a bottle a day once I moved into my flat.

Over the new year, I was admitted to hospital having vomited large amounts of coffee ground blood. I was detoxed and managed to stay dry for 3 months, when a personal upset made me think "one drink can't hurt" but of course it did and I ended up back in hospital on detox. I was discharged on the Friday and collapsed at home on the Saturday morning, finding myself unable to stand.

I was admitted to hospital and within 4-5 hrs discharged, on my own to get a bus home.

Thank you for providing feedback, and I am sorry about how rushed you felt your care had been. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net as I would like to find out more about your experience. We do take feedback seriously and use it to improve the service we provide.