"Pleased with care at A&E and CDU Clincal Diagnosis unit"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Accident & emergency

My husband took me into Good Hope on a Sunday morning. I had woken in the night with chest pain. I was seen by a nurse quite quickly, who was very thorough and did an ECG. I then returned to waiting area for some while, the department was extremely busy and was then seen by a doctor. He examined me, talked through the problems and said he needed me to go to CDU for blood tests etc.

I was unable to have the blood tests until 12 hrs after the pain, so at 11.40 am the bloods were taken. I was informed results would take hour and half plus. It was just over. While there I had another ECG and dinner!

Around 2 pm a doctor came and discussed results and told me of further tests needed once my own doctor had requested them. I was able to come home at 2.50. Every member of staff I came into contact with was caring and professional. Today I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated.

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Vmj

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

Our A&E team have been doing lots to improve patient experience and I'm glad you were able to benefit from this work. I hope you are feeling better but if I can help in anyway please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Richard

• Vmj thinks this response is helpful