"Rude nurse at children's A&E"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My child has a damaged ankle. We went the children's emergency department where the nurse we saw decided to have our consultation in the waiting room in front of a room full of people, rather than take us to a cubicle, as my child was in a wheelchair. This nurse was very rude and blunt in speaking to me, then proceeded to tidy up the books and magazines as I was talking.

I feel that this nurse is a disgrace to the profession. I have never had a problem with East Surrey hospital and found every department I have visited extremely helpful, but this nurse certainly let the hospital down. I am in a professional career and would never dream of speak to anyone the way this nurse spoke to me.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear me29

I am really to sorry to read about you experience in our children's Emergency Department and have passed your comments on to the matron in charge of ED who will look into them.

kind regards

Response from East Surrey Hospital

I am sorry to hear that you felt so let down as we always strive to put our patients first. Please do get in touch with me with your contact details on maxine.may@sash.nhs.uk if you would like us to investigate this further. Kind regards Maxine May Communications Officer