"Care of my dying mother-no dignity!"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My mothers medical treatment was ok, but there seemed to be a lack of communication between staff, same sex wards were next to each other and a male patient was constantly wondering around the female ward- all the time, unfortunately mum was unaware that her private parts were exposed to all and sundry. Requests for a cover up or some pads were treated vaguely, as it was 'her fault for kicking off her covers'. I provided pads. So as for dignity I felt there was non in her case. In fairness the hospital did contacted me and taken my complaints seriously, as I was in touch with them at the time. This is just a reminder for all staff and dignity of all patients.

Thank you for providing us with feedback, and I am very sorry to read about your mother's care, this must have been very distressing for you. The care you describe falls short of the standards of care we strive to achieve. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net. I would like to learn more about your experience so that I can talk with the ward team.