"Passing through"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I am a contract worker from North Wales staying short the in the area. in the early hours of Tuesday 29 April 14 I awoke with severe pain in my right knee and considerable swelling. I managed to drive myself to A&E and was promptly seen and subsequently referred. Following further examinations I was admitted. I have now been here over a week and may well be here for another week, and I can truthfully state that the all staff, consultants, doctors, nursing and auxiliary have all made me feel very welcome, comfortable and put my mind at rest. The investigations and treatment have been carried out in a professional manner, with constant updates from the members of staff. They are polite, friendly and make you feel at ease. I cannot fault this hospital or its staff - tis a pity that more "financial/ other businesses" do not treat their customers with the same respect and regard that I have received from the staff here, in particular Ward D48.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We strive to provide the highest levels of care at City Hospitals Sunderland and we are pleased that you had a good experience during your recent admission. We will pass your comments onto all those statff involved in your care as it is always encouraging for them to receive such positive feedback. We hope you have now made a good recovery.