"My wife was taken to A&E on 28 April"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

My wife and I were enjoying an evening meal at the Moorcock Inn in Littleborough when she suddenly collapsed. Paramedics, I believe from Oldham, attended and despite carrying out a number of checks were unable to pinpoint a problem and decided that she should be examined by a doctor. From the moment we arrived at Fairfield A&E she received expert attention, and during the small hours was subjected to a number of checks and examinations, all without any apparent cause of her problem, and was discharged. By this time she had regained her usual self and, thankfully, has continued to do so. I thought that I would like to record my appreciation of the attention she received, both by the staff at your hospital and by the paramedics. Thank you.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment regarding your wife’s visit to the Accident and Emergency department at Fairfield General Hospital. We are very pleased you were happy with the service we provided for your wife and are also happy she has recovered well. We will be happy to forward your comments to the department manager to share with the rest of the team.