"The team delivered an excellent course"
About: Specialist services / Nutrition & dietetics Specialist services Nutrition & dietetics Mansfield NG21 0HJ
Posted by Walks79 (as ),
Working in partnership with Nottinghamshire nutrition team to deliver a series of workshops for Age UK Notts around the fit for the future project. This was primarily geared at:
1) People widowed or bereaved
2) Some with preventing health issues
3) Refered by their GP to improve their nutrition knowledge
4) People who were at risk of social isolation
5) Some may have learning difficulties
6) Cooking on a budget and making the most of left overs
The team delivered an excellent course with plenty of ideas of alternative ways to cook and include health ingredients in food.
I have been impressed with the rapport the team made with the group, delivered the course in an informal way which was easy to understand and encouraged participants to try new foods and ways of cooking.
The feedback from the participants have been to ask for another course as they got so much out of it – well done to the team.
We have a second course already booked in the town linked to the GP referral!