"Nothing was a bother to the staff"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Endoscopy and day care

In my short stay following colonoscopy in ambulatory department I couldn’t have asked for better care.

I was always treated with respect, and what could have become a very traumatic experience for me was changed into something more positive.

When I became very upset due to the effects of the treatment, the nurses cleaned everything and I apologised for the extra work given.

Nurse Ella Mackengie told me that was their job, and though I was crying she actually had me laughing. I felt so much better.

Nothing was a bother to the staff and importantly, my pads were changed frequently.

So “thank you” on behalf of myself and my family who appreciated this also.

A credit to FVH. No fears about even having to come back again, as far as I am concerned my overall opinion should be excellent, not just very good.

Response from Arlian Mallis, Person Centred Health and Care Co-ordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Thanks very much for you comments, its really nice to be able to give staff direct feedback, I will share you posting with the team, especially Ella, We hope you are making a full recovery.

Arlian