"Without this support, I would have given up breastfeeding early on"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Maternity

My daughter did not latch on correctly after she was born. This meant I had to firstly feed her colostrum via a syringe, feed her expressed breast milk from a bottle and then I moved onto using nipple shields.

I found Lexi Osman - breast feeding counsellor at East Surrey hospital to be a great support. She offered practical advice and spent a lot of time with me and my daughter showing us how we could feed using the shields. She was interested in hearing how we were progressing and offered me reassurance when I discussed feeding options.

I am convinced that without Lexi's support I would have given up breast feeding very early on.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Hobnob

Many thanks for telling us about your breastfeeding experience - it's lovely to hear Lexi was able to give you the support and information you needed and I will make sure your comments are passed on to her.

I hope you daughter is doing well and letting you get some sleep.

kind regards

• Hobnob thinks this response is helpful

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive comments. I'm very pleased to read that you found our breast feeding counsellor to be such a great source of support. I will pass on your feedback to the team concerned. I'm sure they will be very pleased to read your comments. Kind regards Maxine May