"Neurosciences ward staff sho in particular"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

Abysmal discharge sent home with no pain killers nurse had forgotten to put them in meds bag , her sorting the problem out consisted of an out of hours gp phoning me telling me to get a taxi and go and get some from a fax he was about to send when he could find an out of hours pharmacy resulting in a dr and a paramedic turning up saying it was illegal to fax a priscription through they thought I had sent for them when in fact it was this stupid out of hours gp who then told us the wrong place we were sent across town not by a taxi but a friend because we were late back my Carer had been and gone very expensive night for me on top of the pain I was in having just had surgery the previous day and spending hours being rocked about going home late on a Saturday night to no one and no care already told hospital pals I will in future with hold meds to take when nurses are too busy or forget to discharge you with any in the first place !

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding your discharge from hospital. I am very sorry that your pain killers had not been put in your medication bag. We would be very happy to investigate the issues you have raised and provide you with a response. If you would like us to do this, please do not hesitate to contact the Complaints department on 01865 221728 or at complaints@ouh.nhs.uk and a member of the team will be happy to help.