"Recent total abdominal hysterectomy"

About: The Great Western Hospital

I felt I should contact you and give some feedback regarding my very recent stay ay GWH. I received excellent care from my surgeon and also my anesthetist. I came into GWH on Monday 28 April for a hysterectomy. I was treated very professionally from the moment I spoke to a member of staff. My consultation with my anesthetist was a joy, he made me feel relaxed (even though I was dreading the spinal anaesthetic particularly). We chatted about running half marathons, and he said it would be a privilege to look after me - a lovely thing to say to someone in that situation. I then saw my surgeon again, and he was very thorough and caring. I did have a long wait in the corridor of Meldon ward (5 hours) but when I was walked to theatre by a fantastic theatre assistant, there was a further delay in the holding bay, but she did a brilliant job of chatting to me and calming me down. Once on Beech Ward I cannot praise my main nurse's tender care highly enough. She was friendly, professional and - although at times I felt dreadful - she always made me feel better. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hospital to others, I felt I was treated with dignity and respect from start to finish.

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for such warm comments about the quality of care provided by our team here. We always strive to offer the best care possible, and although I can only apologise for the delays, it's great to hear you comments. I'll make sure they're shared with the team.