"Orthopaedic treatment"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Two years ago I had an accident and badly broke my arm. I initially spent 2 weeks in hospital but still had to wait 7 months for surgery to internally fixate my arm. The surgery hasn't worked and I've had to put up with many delays with regard to appointments, they're always later than stated in the clinics. If you are told they'll see you in 6 weeks it's usually 12 weeks. I've now been on a waiting list for the surgery to be re-done for nearly 8 weeks and have just found out that it's unlikely the surgery can be done until after August. so that's a minimum of 25 weeks waiting for a 2nd op for an injury sustained in May 2012! I can't believe how dis-organised they are. They may be really busy but then other organisations are too and they cope.

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry that you are experiencing delays in your treatment.

Please do email me and I will investigate this on your behalf to see if we can speed things up. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net