"Root Canal"

About: Charles Clifford Dental Hospital

I visited the Charles Clifford hospital yesterday as I had a bad root canal done about 30 yrs ago by my normal dentist. Not entirely his fault as there was a power cut at the time. But ever since the tooth has been prone to infection and toothache. I was referred to the Charles Clifford earlier this year when antibiotics failed to clear up the infection. I saw a lovely dentist who was very kind and understanding. He explained my options very clearly. I could have the tooth out or have the root canal treatment again. He explained everything that was involved and why 2 treatments was necessary. I told him I did not want the tooth out, if at all possible. So I have opted for the 2 x 1 hour treatments. I came away pleased that he would do his best to save the tooth and didn't take the easy option to extract the tooth which my dentist said I would have to have. The tooth being on full view at the front of my mouth made an extraction a last resort. I have to wait till early July which is a draw back to the procedure but it was my choice as I wanted to see the same dentist. I think an earlier appointment would have been available if I saw someone else. I am very nervous visiting my normal dentist, and was quite nervous yesterday for the specialist appointment, but feel I will be o.k. when the procedure is carried out. Parking is not easy when visiting the dental hospital, so allow plenty of time for this.

Response from Senior Patient Partnership Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Lissybeth

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments regarding Charles Clifford Dental Hospital. Staff always welcome positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.

I hope you continue to make a good recovery following your dental procedure.