"I thought I was in a Private Hospital"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

I received a gall bladder removal via key hole a couple of weeks ago at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. I had this procedure under a lovely Professor, I must give my gratitude to said Professor and all the staff for the kind treatment and care I received. I was under Ward 66 and was in a private room which was a first for me; cleanliness was second to none and was really pleased with my care. The only thing I can comment on badly was the food, a scotch pie for your dinner right after an operation was not for me. But all the nurses and doctors and theatre staff were wonderful and very caring particularly in this ward. I must also thank Angela for getting me a quicker date after one was cancelled.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear JH2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments. With regard to your comments on the food, I have also passed this on to our Catering Manager.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion website, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards