"Being a patient"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I unfortunately fell out of bed and fractured my ankle. As I live alone I had to call an ambulance. From the time they took, my experience in the emergency ward, asu and then subsequently to Leigh ward I can honestly say that I have only praise for the staff. I spent the majority of my time in Leigh ward and the staff there are exemplary. With their care my stay which was not pleasant was made as good as it could be. From the nurse in charge down to the tea lady they were all great.

Response from Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager, Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'Hospital care',

Thank you for taking your time to comment about your experience at East Surrey Hospital. I am glad to read that you had a good experience in every department that you encountered. I will make sure that your comments are passed onto the team on Leigh Ward.

I hope you are recovering well.

Kind Regards,

• Hospital care thinks this response is helpful

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It's so lovely to read that the whole team made you feel so well looked after. I will pass on your feedback to them all and I'm sure they will all be very pleased! Kind regards Maxine May