"whats going on at the eye infirmary"

About: Royal Eye Infirmary

first time i have rang up since the relocation to deriford suffer from iritus man told me tuesday put me through to a and e no answer.oh and its friday 2nd may bank holiday weekend so dont get ill.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning

I was sorry to read that you were unable to speak to anyone at the REI at Derriford on 2 May and I can understand your concern going into the Bank Holiday period. I have highlighted your experience with the team at the REI and requested advice in the event that the situation should reoccur.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Mary

Further to my earlier response, I have received the following response from the REI team in relation to urgent eye care provision at Derriford Hospital (Plymouth Hospitals Trust).

Services at the Eye Infirmary Urgent Care Department were closed after 19.00 hours 4 years ago, preceding the relocation to the Derriford Hospital site.

Patients with urgent eye conditions are advised to attend Derriford Emergency Department after 18.45hrs weekdays and 13.45 hours at the weekend. They are assessed in the ED and the on call Eye Registrar is called to see the patient if required or the patient is treated by the ED team.

I hope this information is helpful in clarifying evening and weekend provision.

Mary