"Skin Cancer Biopsy"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

The hospital's dermatologists appear unable to cope with the demand for urgent appointments so when my GP referred me it was later than expected and the target two weeks. However, when I did go to the hospital the staff were superb - and a special mention for one person who was so caring and efficient. The skin lesion I had was looked at and a biopsy as done about 90 minutes later. Unfortunately there is another delay for the results from the laboratory. Without the delays I would have awarded 5 stars for my overall satisfaction. I should also add that the Outpatients area E was spotlessly clean as were the toilets and the consulting room. My first experience of the hospital is a very satisfactory one. Thank you.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you very much for providing valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about the delays you describe but pleased, that overall, you are happy with the care and attention you have received. It’s always encouraging for staff to receive positive feedback. As a Trust we are committed to giving the highest quality of care to our patients, and we value all comments from patients and their families. We will ensure your posting is shared with the staff concerned.