"Waiting time at Orthopeadrics"

About: St Mary's Hospital

Dear St Marys my complaint is i had a 0915am appointment at the orthopedic /fractures clinic today.I arrived at 0850am plenty time.At 10000am i was still waiting for appointment.I asked the nurse how long ,her answer dont know.The reception did not have idea.So i had to cancell the appointment and they will arrange another appointment.But i will say i will not wait that length of time again.I am OAP ,20mins fine and undersatandable,but not over an hour or more.Needs sorting out.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this valuable feedback and I was sorry to read of your poor experience at the Orthopaedic Outpatient Appointment. Your comments have been shared with the staff responsible for providing the service. I have been advised by the clinic team leader that it was unfortunate that on the day in question the clinic was extremely busy and running late, but the bank nurse in the clinic had not informed patients or staff of this. We would like to extend our sincere apologies that you experienced a less than positive experience, and assure you that your comments have been shared in order to learn from this valuable feedback. I believe that your appointment has been rearranged and I hope that your next visit is a more positive experience. If you still have concerns about this and would like to speak to a senior member of the team, please do not hesitate to contact the Quality Team who will facilitate this for you.