"Lack of service "

About: Solihull Hospital / Ophthalmology

I have made a verbal complaint about my treatment or lack of treatment from your Ophthalmology department. Following a telephone call I was promised that you would contact me with an explanation.

In short I was referred to your Clinic in late October 2013.

A number of phone calls were made to try and expedite my appointment.

In late January 2014, my wife took a phone call from you asking whether I would be in attendance for my appointment that afternoon. We had no knowledge or correspondence regarding this appointment prior to the phone call.

Then I received another appointment for one afternoon in late March 2014. Again I made a number of phone calls without success.

Finally I talked to someone who had been recently appointed who told me she would investigate and let me have a response to my complaint.

It is now 1/5/14 and I am still waiting.

During my initial examination by the Boots Optician who made the referral I was found to be unable to see from my right eye.

How long are we expected to suffer this sort of blindness?

This is disgraceful and unworthy of what used to be a treasured British institution.

In my opinion you should be totally ashamed of your conduct.

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Hello Muzzy52

I'm really sorry to read what has happened to you.

If you call either me or Ann-Marie Riley (Site Head Nurse) on 0121 424 9664 first thing tomorrow we will sort this out for you.

Apologies once again.

Richard

Response from Patient Opinion

Thank you Muzzy52 for letting us know that your experience was about Solihull Hospital, not Good Hope. We've changed that now.

Best wishes

Gina

Response from Solihull Hospital

Dear Sir or Madam, I am very sorry for the your experience that you have had with the Ophthamology Team. For your reassurance, all feedback is used by the Patient Experience Team to identify themes and trends across the organisation to highlight areas of improvement. Your comments have been forwarded to the Patient Experience Team. Kind regards Patient Services Team