"Potential for confusion"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital

I rang Forth Valley main number today and asked to speak to Dr Roy's secretary, but was told by receptionist that Dr Roy does not have a secretary. However she would pass me to another dr's secretary.

When I spoke to this secretary and explained my situation, she said she had Dr Roy's secretary beside her and I asked if I would like her to put me through, which she did. Hazel (Dr Roy's secretary) was extremely helpful and understanding.

I feel that there is a distinct lack of communication between depts throughout the hospital which can and may confuse patients, I have most if not all my mental faculties. However someone who may be of a senior age, or challenged in other ways may have major problems due to the lack of communication.

Response from Arlian Mallis, Person Centred Health and Care Co-ordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Hi, thats very confusing and you are right something that we need to look at. I will pass on this info to the Manager of the secretarial staff - a clear communication strategy is necessary.

Thanks for highlighting this