"Unhelpful and rude appointment staff"

About: St James's University Hospital

I received a follow up appointment for my daughter to see a paediatrician for the second time. I was unable to take her out of school at the given time and asked to change the appointment. The staff were really rude and when I asked if it were possible to move the appointment to the school holidays I was told that if I didn't take an appoitment within 6 weeks of the date of the given one I would have to ask to be re-referred as we would be removed from the waiting list. (Slightly odd as we aren't on it as it is a follow up) I tried to explain that it was a second appointment and that I hadn't been expected to receive it until June-August and as such asking if I could be seen in the summer holidays didn't seem unreasonable. However the woman I spoke to was having none of it and was then somewhat rude when I requested that she put the new appointment in writing as I will have to give it to my daughter's school. Politeness costs nothing!

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Sarah C

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss the issues in person and confidentially please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.

Response from St James's University Hospital