About: Dewsbury & District Hospital

Had a problem for 3 years, went to Dewsbury hospital as thought it may be better than the rest, went there, got told to record the pain, did that went back and they suggested a laparoscopy, I agreed but ended up waiting months before I got an appointment, had the laparoscopy on the 4th March, got an appointment booked 6 weeks after for a check up and to discuss results. Started bleeding like a period the day of the laparoscopy bearing in mind I'd just come off from having a two week period, I waited for it to end but I'm still bleeding. About a month ago I got a letter saying I had an appointment at a completely different hospital to Dewsbury, on the 28th April went to the appointment and got told it had been cancelled, got home rung the appointment centre and they said I had an appointment in August, 6 months after my laparoscopy! Getting tired of being messed about by the hospital! This carries on I'm going to take it further!

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

We would be pleased to investigate these concerns if the patient would like to contact us directly. The Trust has three hospitals (Dewsbury, Pinderfields and Pontefract) and outpatient appointments take place on all three sites.