About: North Manchester General Hospital North Manchester General Hospital Manchester M8 5RB
Posted by Anonymous
Some weeks ago my daughter was admitted with right sided abdo pain and persistent vomitting and jaundice. On H3 my daughter was reviewed by a professor. He spoke over us whilst discussing my daughter with his registrar. I found him rude and insulting to my intelligence. It had been noted that my daughters liver was enlarged. Her liver function tests were all deranged. The professor suggested the reason for this was that she had been taking too many paracetamol 'paracetamol can cause this' he said. I asked why she was not under Hep Bil if this was a liver problem; he said 'this is a general medical problem'. When I tried to explain that she hadn't taken any more than what is the recommended daily dose he completely dismissed me. My daughter has now had surgery at another trust. She needed a lap choli and a common bile duct exploration. There were that many compacted gall stones the surgery took over three hours to perform. We were told she must have been unwell for some time, obviously nothing like what the prof suggested on H3. Absolutely disgusting.