"wollaton park day trip - Lucy wade Unit"

About: Acute Need inpatient

(as a staff member),

Just a little note to update on some of the activities on lucy wade Unit. Today 5 service users and staff ( led by Lyndsy the activity co ordinator ) went along to Wollaton hall and park for a fabulous day trip!

Beautiful weather & surroundings along with great company, everyone enjoyed it!

Lyndsy is now planning a picnic day within the next few weeks so watch this space ..

Some of the comments were:

" enjoyed spending time off the ward, made me realise I need to get out and smile more "

" a nice day I enjoyed the capuccino and the ice cream "

" a wonderful trip- nice memories "

" a nice day, seeing the animals that remind me of home was good "

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am a senior manager covering the inpatient wards at Millbrook and it's so nice to read about the trip to Wollerton park being such a success.

Lyndsy works hard to provide interesting and enjoyable activities for the patients on Lucy Wade, so I'm sure she will be as thrilled as me to read about how much you enjoyed it. I will pass on your comments to all staff involved.

It was good to hear that the weather was kind. That’s not something we have much control over and it doesn't always behave. I arranged a rounders match once that nearly turned into water polo!